Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 20, 2012

Weather vs. FiBroMyaLgia......UgH!!!

I <3 a good thunderstorm, especially on a lazy day, but lately this crazy weather we've been having here in Ky. has kept my tender points "howling"!! I feel like I'm the family "barometer" @ times =) I know that when I start c/o my knee's or my elbow's hurting more than usual, the weather is about to change.....UgH :-/ It amazes me how a little drop in the barometric pressure or a change in the temp can cause my knee's & elbow's to hurt more. I even get "nodules" on the inner area of my elbow's & knee's right before the weather changes, every time!! Depending on how big of a change in the weather or how severe, will sometimes cause a pretty big "Fibro-flare" for me, which as you know can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. So, with the wicked storms we had on tuesday, & the chance for snow on thurs......yep, I am "flaring" pretty bad right now :-/ but it could be worse. And what would a Flare be without a bit more Depression  mixed in, WoooHooo!! Sounds Fun......NOT!! But we can learn as much as we can about Our "triggers"  & try our best to prepare for them. So, if weather happens to be a trigger for you & your FiBro, please feel free to share any tips or advice you may have, for any environment/climate. Personally, I think that it would be more cost effective for my insurance company if they would just send me to HaWaii from Jan-March each year. I figure it would be a win-win situation, because 3 months of 75 degree weather, beautiful beaches, Aloha shirts & palm trees should at least decrease my Flares & would definitely help improve my depression. Anything for my Insurance co.,,,,,,I know, I'm a giver =)

http://www.fibromyalgia-symptoms.org/fibromyalgia_weather.html


Blessings,
MeL

No comments:

Post a Comment